The Portsmouth Economic Development Committee
The PEDC's By-Laws govern the organization and objectives of the Committee.
The primary objective of the Committee is to advise the Town Council on economic-related matters. The Town Officials may from time to time, refer to the Committee policy matters of community development and viability, including such issues as land, economic, and infrastructure development. Town Officials shall keep the Town Administrator informed of interaction with the committee.
The Committee shall not be limited to issues referred to it by the Town Officials and may discuss and make recommendations to the Town Officials and Staff on any matter involving community development and viability within the Town of Portsmouth. Town residents are also encouraged to submit issue items to the Committee.
The 2013 Annual Report to the Town Council with the components.
1. Annual Report (link)
2. Proposed Vision Statement
3. Working Draft of the Economic Development Section of the Town Comp Plan
4. Three New Initiatives
5. Road Map for the PEDC for the next 6-12 months.
The Seven Imperatives are still alive.
- See the 2012 Annual Report.
1. Close the Gap will always be there.
2. Vision statement has been submitted.
3. Plan - the working draft of the EDS of the TCCP submitted - work in progress with Promote and Attract over next 6-12 months
4. Promote - marketing plan to promote current businesses in progress with the refinement of the EDS
5. Attract - same as above
6. Streamline - more details down the road
7. Direct - The DBD contnues to be central to all of these efforts.
Town Weekly Video Show
Episodes of the town video series "Portsmouth This Week" can be viewed at a link at Portsmouth Town Web Site.
Got an idea for a Town survey? Let us know. E-mail us.
* Note that these are surveys that offer the views of a certain population that took the survey. The results may not, necessarily, reflect the views of the entire population of the town.
Tell your friends about the surveys. As we get more participation, we can increase the confidence level of the results.
"It's the Economy ..." - PEDC Information Video Series
A new series by the PEDC Now Playing on Newport County TV (on Cox Channel 18).
Town DBD Bill Clark Makes the Case for Zoning and Planning Process Review
Town Business Development Director, Bill Clark, made a case for review and improvement to the Town Zoning and Planning processes. His idea was voted down 5-2 by the Town Council on November 14.
GOT IDEAS FOR REVENUE GENERATION?
PEDC 2010 Annual Report
The PEDC's Annual Report was delivered to the Town Council at the Council's January 10, 2011 meeting.
PEDC Feb 2011 Workshop with the Town Council
On February 9, 2011 the PEDC had a Workshop with the Town Council.